Learn how to stop the Cankerworms at Northgate Park


Greetings and hello.

                Weather conditions have turned on a dime and I fear the female fall cankerworms  will be emerging soon to do their thing and lay lots of eggs in our trees.  I’m emailing you to let you know that (at long last and with almost no advance warning) I will be out tomorrow evening to band trees in an effort to control the canker worms in the area of Northgate Park.

Actually, I will branch out into other areas, but I will start at NP, tomorrow, at 5:30.  If you are interested in getting your own kit to band your own trees and see a demo, please come.  If You can’t I will do my best to let interested folks know when they might meet me while I’m out banding trees so as to get a quick demo and grab a kit.  

I cannot charge for these kits, but a suggested donation to Keep Durham Beautiful will insure that the funds spent on these kits will go back to planting trees on city right-of-way and in parks.  Suggested donation for a “small’ kit will be $10 and for a large one $15.

Details will be available to any and all-comers.  Please share with those who might be interested. 

Cub Blvd. entrance to Northgate Park (between Acadia and Glendale) 5:30-6:30

Alex

 
Alex Johnson, RF, CA, BS

Urban Forestry Manager

City of Durham, General Services Dept.

2011 Fay St. 27704

(919) 560-4197 ext. 21275