Memorial Day weekend...

Well a long weekend is here and both Jessica and I are taking advantage by going to some places with unique natural features.  Jessica is at the outer banks as I type and I am heading out to Ogden, Utah to explore the area a little. 

Even though we aren't here this weekend our hearts are always thinking about the wonderful natural area we have right here in Durham County.  I encourage everyone who is staying in the area this weekend to get out and enjoy some of these natural spots.  Of course West Point on the Eno should top your list, but there are so many other great places.  Penny's Bend, Little River Regional Park, Lake Michie Recreation Area, Duke Forest, and the list just keeps going.  Now there are some lesser known spots out there, so pull out an atlas of Durham County and take a close look.  There are plenty of places to go where you most likely will not see another person, just lots of beautiful nature.  Here are some pictures from one of those places that my wife and I like to go. 



Take care, be safe, and enjoy your weekend.